Subject: [Leica] A Surprisingly Good Lens
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Wed Oct 27 22:09:11 2004

GREG LORENZO wrote:
> I'd love to see this particular lens in LTM for my IIIG.

Greg,

Check out the 50mm VC Heliar.  It is a fantastic lens.
I had the 50mm Elmar for a while, and really liked it,
and agreed with all the superlatives extolled upon it here.
But I had to sell it (too many lenses, too little money).
Now I have the Heliar and use it both
on my IIIg and on my M6.   It is easily as good as the
Elmar, some claim it's better;  it's a tad slower though.
It's a jwel of a lens.

- Phong