Subject: [Leica] Interview on Zeiss Ikon
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Tue Oct 26 15:40:04 2004

Mikiro

Comparing Leica vs. digital (today) to swiss watch manufacturers vs. quartz
(70ies) makes quite sense. Only the top swiss brands with the upperclass
mechanical watches have survived this battle.

Meanwhile, many things have changed. Most of these brands (not IWC) and
especially the heart of this industry, the clockwork manufactury ETA, are
today owned by the Swatch group - a swiss company, too, but making it's
money with - quartz watches!

So the analogy could be Swatch = Cosina?...

But expecting the Solmsers to be wise is definitely another question :-(

Didier
A Fortis Spacematic Chronograph Alarm fan

Replies: Reply from mikiro at yahoo.fr (MIKIRO) ([Leica] Interview on Zeiss Ikon)