Subject: [Leica] Re: Is there such a thing?
From: lowiemanuel at yahoo.ca (Emanuel Lowi)
Date: Fri Oct 22 21:31:07 2004

Ted Grant  wrote:
>  As in the mythology of the USA old west, "check yer
> guns here" as one
> entered the saloon. Maybe there should be a sign at
> the door that says,
> "Check yer phones here!" ;-)

A few years ago I was working in Yemen -- Bin Laden's
paternal homeland. At  all cinemas, patrons were
obliged to check their traditional foot-long daggers
at a sort of cloak room. (They were given numbered
tags in exchange.) This was to prevent stabbings in
the dark during the screenings.

And there was no butter for the popcorn.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal