Subject: [Leica] Conflicted
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Oct 22 21:21:57 2004

Henning Wulff said:
Subject: RE: [Leica] Conflicted

After a lesson on too much intake of aquavit the word really is ....
"confused!" ;-) Not conflicted! ;-)

Long long ago many Leica light years passed!  In  a country far far away on
the northern parts of the planet across the seas and oceans there's a land
known as Sweden! Inhabited by smashingly beautiful blonde females, so
gorgeous they steal the hearts and minds of the most sterling and faithful
of men. :-)

There was a tournament attended by hockey players of the world and media
people. Unfortunately, in this land is a liquid called "Aquavit!"  A pure
clear innocent looking and assumed by the visitors as non-lethal liquid.
Well OK it looked like it wasn't lethal! ;-)

Looked like water, clean clear cool water and consumed as though water on a
hot thirsty day!  Should I go on? :-(

OK if you insist! :-)

However, I must warn you the telling of these long lost moments hurts merely
at the thought at re-telling! :-( Oh suffer all you who've, shall we say, at
sometime in your motley lives................ "Over indulged!" :-(
Innocently of course and by accident! ;-)

Conversation during dinner with several Swedish girls, just think about it
for a moment gentlemen, tall, beautiful blue eyes, long flowing the most
beautiful blonde hair you can imagine and facial features without make-up
many a Hollywood starlet would kill for. Dang they were just absolutely drop
dead beautiful. But heck guys they were like that all over the place. :-)

It was like you'd died and gone to the beautiful land of amazingly beautiful
women. :-) OK I'll save the rest of the story for later. ;-)  NO? OK you
want it all right now. :-)

"How do you drink this stuff?' one of the guys asked. "Oh very easy, just
fill your small glass and between bites of food, drink it like water!" said
one with a smile. Well that didn't seem too hard, just drink it like water
eh? Stupid Canadian eh? ;-)  The first one was kind of "fiery tasting" but
what the heck the girls were knocking them back like, "WATER!"

Now the lads, read all us photographers are trying to keep up with
them........... the ladies! :-)  OOPS!  Bad move. :-(

Then some brilliant minded Canadian, not me, asked, "have you ever had a
Calgary Red Eye?" For the ill informed it's part beer and part tomato juice.
I assume it's called many things around the globe. The girls answered, "No,
what is it?" They were told and thought it worth a try on the bases of,
ready?  For every "red eye they sipped.... we had to partake of Aquavit!"
Yeah well that wasn't one of the most brilliant things to agree to eh? Dumb
ass Canadian's! ;-)

Well it deteriorated from there with the girls continuing to smile and look
beautiful and knock off the "Red Eye's " like they were Mother's Milk!

With the dumb ass Canadian's becoming more and more Aquavit pissed and
cameras lying all over the floor. The cameras on the floor was considered
prudent so we wouldn't knock them off the table. I'm sure we'd have been far
better off putting ourselves on the floor and leaving the camera's on the
table! :-) Try and imagine that scene, naw it's not possible unless you've
been through it. :-)

I know, I woke up in the morning some where in Stockholm with absolutely no
idea where. Never before nor since have I ever done such a purely stupid
thing! Ahhhhhh but beautiful blue eyed blondes will do that to you
everytime! :-) Oh the Aquavit? Don't ever mention it in my living presence
ever, ever!   Thank you so much. :-)

And my Leicas? Yep I still had them all but couldn't remember where the hell
the film was! :-(

ted

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Conflicted)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Conflicted)