Subject: [Leica] Leica back in action
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (feli)
Date: Thu Oct 21 12:24:27 2004

On Oct 21, 2004, at 12:09 PM, Greg Locke wrote:

> I guess you would not like my 21mm portraits :^)
>
> ...it's my favourite portrait lens.  ...but there is a trick to it.
>
> Greg Locke

Ok, let me elaborate. I believe that because of the nature of wideangle
lenses it is
more difficult to take a shot of a person, without distortion etc.,
than with
a more normal lens. Of course sometimes that's exactly the effect you
want.

I find that a lot of wide angle shots lack focus. People tend to cram
too much
in to the frame and the shotstend to 'fish' or shooter fall prey to the
wideangle
effect, which becomes tiring after a while. Of course that doesn't mean
it can't done.

My two cents.

Feli

feli2@earthlink.net