Subject: [Leica] Re: Hasselblad
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Wed Oct 20 23:38:09 2004

> meter arms.  "Designed for digital" is the new way of saying it's a
> retrofocus lens.  More distance between the rear element and the sensor
> means better performance with digital capture.
>
> Doug Herr
> Birdman of Sacramento
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com

It can't be that simple, Doug. The 21 VC does not protrude into the body
much more than the 35 Summicron. I carry them back to back in one of those
rings that allows you to fasten two lenses together.

Yet ... the 21 VC and digital is a lousy combination.

Must be more than just the distance between the rear element and the
sensor.

Daniel

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Re: Hasselblad)