Subject: [Leica] Re: Hasselblad
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Oct 20 19:05:54 2004

> A comparison of the 21mm ASPH and the V/C 21mm lens on the R-D1 illustrates
> the difference.  Not that the 21 ASPH was designed as a 'digital' lens, it
> was designed as a retrofocus lens to provide clearance for the M5 and CL
> meter arms.  "Designed for digital" is the new way of saying it's a
> retrofocus lens.  More distance between the rear element and the sensor
> means better performance with digital capture.
>
> Doug Herr
> Birdman of Sacramento
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Yes be even companies which should know better like Schneider and Olympus
are saying its a deal where the lens magically has it's light rays going
strait back parallel to the film plane.
And I've heard this was just not possible the do what they've always done
which is go back on an angle.
I think it was from an Erwin upload. Maybe not.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/