Subject: [Leica] Henning's RD 1 report
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Wed Oct 20 16:12:18 2004

Hi Luggers,
First a special thanks to Henning for his comments on his RD1 test
drive. As reported here previously the Epson RAW plug in has
programming to reduce vignetting on all lenses from 12mm all the way up
to 90mm. You just select the focal length and click on it and edge
vignetting is gone. Please see

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder.tcl?folder_id=434937

for an example with my 15mm heliar.

I have tried Adrian Bradshaw's 90 APO and 50 Noctilux while visiting in
Beijing and the APO back focusses by a couple of cms in the close range
as does the Nocti, but at intermediate distances, the APO goes
progressively out of focus in relation to the rangefinder focus point
until you hit infinity and then the image is sharp. But as reported at
infinity (where my rangefinder is out) the lens cuts a sharp image on
the CCD. We didn't test the Noctilux at infinity but by 3 meters its
focus point was way off the rangefinder indication. I do hope my
replacement camera is better. If not I think, sadly - because I like
other aspects of the camera,  Epson has a serious problem on its hands
about the design and manufacture of the 1:1 rangefinder.

Cheers

Howard (in cool Beijing this morning)

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Henning's RD 1 report)
Reply from mikiro at yahoo.fr (MIKIRO) ([Leica] Henning's RD 1 report)