Subject: [Leica] Recent Leica 90/2.8 - Seeking Comments and Advice
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Wed Oct 20 11:41:28 2004

Scott:  I have not used the recent 90/2.8.  It's quite heavy for a 90/2.8.
But a pre-asph 90/2 Summicron (the one from the early '80s onward) weighs
410 grams, about the same as the recent 90/2.8, but has an extra stop.
According to Erwin Puts' lens book, the pre-asph Summicron is almost as
good as the current Elmarit when stopped down a little. It's also probably
less expensive.

In my case, I picked up a pre-asph 90 Summicron and a the very small and
light Voigtlander 90/3.5 for hiking, both used. No regrets on either one.

Here's a shot with the 90 Summicron:
http://users.2alpha.com/~pklein/StLouis/2-18ThreeKoi.htm

Hope this is useful.

--Peter Klein