Subject: [Leica] Photokina Notes
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sun Oct 17 23:56:14 2004

There is no reason to assume they will have longer lives - The Canon pro
cameras are built like tanks - just like Ms and Rs. What causes the
price drop is the advance in digital technology, and the fact that
people wanted the latest. Given the lightspeed with which Leica brings
products from drawning board to market, the M will be dated by the time
it finally hits shelves. Given that, there is no reason to assume that
it will hold value any better than a D1s, or any other top of the line
Nikon or Canon DSLR.