Subject: [Leica] Herr Cohn on the Digital M
From: DouglasMSharp at netscape.net (Douglas M. Sharp)
Date: Sat Oct 16 11:17:39 2004

Could have sworn I'd posted this a couple of weeks ago, Leica were
handing it out at the Photokina when I was
there on the 29th.

Maybe I left out this list and posted it somewhere else - sorry
The "details" : I quote vebatim

The digital Leica M is to be instantly recognizable as a Leica M camera.

The camera is definitely going to have an optical viewfinder. A combined
range and viewfinder
as befits a Leica M camera. It will be equipped with a blade shutter,
because the traditional cloth focal plane shutter
cannot be used in conjunction with the digital feature. We cannot
comment on other technical details at this time.

also

Our partner Kodak has worked out a new sensor solution that features a
significant increase in the acceptance
angle of the incoming light rays. And it with this new generation of
sensors, a digital Leica M camera became feasible
with the very high quality criteria we ourselves demand.

The artists impression of the Digital M is shown with the "engraving" MD
and is exactly like an M7 but without
a rewind knob.

I also picked up the information at the Leica stand that the M sensor
will have a low "crop factor".
Strange that the "Leicaworld News" from Cologne is 6 pages shorter than
the one Buzz got (?) otherwise his info
appears to be the same.
Douglas