Subject: [Leica] Digital "crop factor"
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Thu Oct 14 13:54:14 2004

Frank Filippone <red735i@earthlink.net> wrote:

> ... if you were a sports photographer, you would be happier than a clam as
> your 300mm
> lens becomes an instant 450 because of a smaller "film size".

I keep hearing this related to wildlife photography too.. yet my goal was,
and still is, to use the biggest format I could stand hauling around.  I'd
rather have a bigger capture surface whether film or pixels and work harder
to get closer to my subjects rather than downsize the capture area.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Digital "crop factor")