Subject: [Leica] Re: Say Hello to Hermes Leica -- THE Photog's Fashion statement
From: lowiemanuel at yahoo.ca (Emanuel Lowi)
Date: Thu Oct 14 11:14:34 2004

Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> I fully agree with your assessment of Coenen vs.
> Cohn. I too think it is
> a change for the better, looking at the two men's
> respective records.
> But I do not agree with you that Leica's lack of
> new products at
> Photokina is not a big issue. It is. The photo
> industry is rapidly
> transforming, whether we like it or not, and any
> company that wants to
> survive has to adapt--quickly.

Then perhaps it is no coincidence that news of Cohn's
departure came so very close on the heels of Leica's
so underwhelming Photokina? And that he is being
replaced by a technical expert who's been up there in
the German photo industry for years?

Sometimes, investors make things happen too. ;-)

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal