Subject: [Leica] Say Hello to Hermes Leica -- THE Photog's FashionStatement
From: masonster at gmail.com (David Mason)
Date: Thu Oct 14 10:39:08 2004

Is this the thread started by Gandy? Good lord, I can't remember.
Still, I wanted to say that his treatis seemed a bit self-serving to
me. As *the* CV distributor it seemed awfully convienient to talk
about Leica's demise and CV's future as King of all range finders.

I own a few CV products and they are fine but let's be real here, they
are not replacements for Leica and I doubt there ever will be because
that era of camera-craft is over. Certainly it isn't over for those of
us who love the things, but we really are a minority, lets face facts.
CV is an interesting company, but a niche company. Leica was a serious
pro camera builder who have found themselves to be a niche company. I
don't care who the CEO is, thats got to be a hard reality to swallow.

OK, have at it.

Dave

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Say Hello to Hermes Leica -- THE Photog's FashionStatement)
Reply from leicanikon at earthlink.net (Stephen Gandy) ([Leica] Say Hello to Hermes Leica -- THE Photog's FashionStatement)