Subject: [Leica] Geesh - and we though camera people had it tough
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Oct 13 11:27:39 2004

Very well put, Greg, you Newfie SOB! :-)

As Carl Shurz quoth in an 1899 speech to an "Anti-Imperialistic
Conference:"

"I confidently trust that the American people will prove themselves .
too wise not to detect the false pride or the dangerous ambitions or the
selfish schemes which so often hide themselves under that deceptive cry
of mock patriotism: 'Our country, right or wrong!' They will not fail to
recognize that our dignity, our free institutions and the peace and
welfare of this and coming generations of Americans will be secure only
as we cling to the watchword of true patriotism: 'Our country-when right
to be kept right; when wrong to be put right.'"

B. D.

Replies: Reply from daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Geesh - and we though camera people had it tough)