Subject: [Leica] Say Hello to Hermes Leica -- THE Photog's FashionStatement
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Wed Oct 13 07:54:04 2004

"B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> wrote:

> And as to the point about it now being possible to produce a digital
> rangefinder...I think it has been possible all along;

"Possible" is not the question.  Decent quality images is the question,
particularly with wide-angle lenses.  Epson/Cosina got around this by
chopping off the edges, making wide-angle lenses less wide.

>  the apparent ease and speed with which Epson did it suggests that.

So, how long was Epson/Cosina working on this before they made it public?
What's the inside scoop, B.D.?

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com