Subject: [Leica] Say Hello to Hermes Leica -- THE Photog's FashionStatement
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Oct 13 07:30:54 2004

Oh Hayzeis, John, let's not start talking about a new lens mount! Talk
about a way to kill Leica. Do you really think that with the huge pile
of, to say nothing of investment in, M mount lenses out there, people
are going to chuck their M mounts and start buying a system from the
ground up? Why not suggest that the company just shoot itself in the
head and get it over with.

And as to the point about it now being possible to produce a digital
rangefinder...I think it has been possible all along; the apparent ease
and speed with which Epson did it suggests that. I think Leica just
didn't "get it," and so put out the line that for various "technical
reasons" it couldn't be done.

As to the future - I hope you're right and Steve's wrong, but I suspect
Steve really has this nailed.

B. D.