Subject: [Leica] More Anime Convention Photos
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard F. Man)
Date: Tue Oct 12 03:11:45 2004

At 12:36 PM 10/10/2004, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>I loved looking through these shots and I love Halloween!
>I think the strong shadow you've got on the left is a plus. Not a minus.
>What bums me out a bit on the setup is the painted backdrop.
>I'd vote for a simple white sheet or canvas.
>I think those painted backdrops look "canned".
>I try to get my backdrops from the fresh produce department.

Yes, I am considering getting some White paper background, Some one was
using that and it looks nice...

>I'm not seeing two lights in the eyes despite the setup you describe and to
>me that's a plus.

The left one is set to 1/2 the power and closer to the backdrop....

>Take that strong shadow away and you've got a weaker picture in very example
>if you ask me. It gives them a bottom.
>Body.
>Rinse and repeat.
>
>Instead of a second light in the front I'll always go for a piece of
>foamcore Or a big round collapsible reflector thing clamped to a light
>stand.

OK, where do I put this piece of foamcore? Use it as a reflector 45 degrees
to the other side? Or use it to "filter" the light from the first (and
only) light?

>But as I almost always go for a white backdrop I make sure this backdrop is
>also the floor. The white floor simplifies lighting as it reflects up nixing
>the need for fragmented fills. It's one big fill.

Thanks! Always food for thought.

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] More Anime Convention Photos)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] More Anime Convention Photos)