Subject: [Leica] Question about angle of view of half-frame cameras
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Sat Oct 9 14:09:25 2004

I would be interested in a Canon Demi S with 1.7/30mm lens as a small
snapshot half frame camera, for the days I dont want to carry a M6 along;
and for my kids who get more and more interested in my hobby.

Am I right that the focal lenth of a half frame 18x24 camera means another
angle of view than the same focal length in a full frame 36x24??

So the 30mm lens of a half frame camera would not capture the same frame as
a 30mm lens on a regular 35mm Camera - would it now correspond to a 60mm
full frame shot or to a cropped 30mm full frame shot?

I'm a bit confused about this - sorry if it is a stupid beginners question!
Every advice is appreciated.
Thanks!
Didier