Subject: [Leica] Newbie question from an oldie
From: bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C)
Date: Fri Oct 8 14:32:35 2004

Even though I have used Leica M cameras for the past 17 or 18 years, there
is (at least) one thing I don't know about them, and until now have never
had the guts to try and figure out on my own.

When shooting in the slow speed range, is there any danger in recocking the
shutter after taking a picture, but before the escapement mechanism has
finished doing its "thing" (while the faint bizzing sound is still
audible)?  I always wait till the bizzing sound finishes.

-dan c.

ps...reminds me of when I first bought my Hasselblad.  I had it for a few
weeks, and I decided I couldn't take it any more and called the Hasselblad
marketing rep at Lisle-Kelko here in Canada.  I was certain that there was
a problem with the shutter in my 80mm lens.  I described the (obviously
damaged) little bent corner in one of the shutter blades to the guy.  He
was silent for a few seconds, then said, "You are new to Hasselblads,
aren't you?"