Subject: [Leica] 75mm 1.4 - Any pics?
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Fri Oct 8 06:54:50 2004

There are really only four possible reasons for hanging onto the 75
Summilux:
1. You like its 'fingerprint;'
2. You need/want a 75 mm lens, and only a Leica lens will do for you;
3. You need the fastest 75 mm lens that money can buy;
4. You need one 1.4 lens and you don't have a 50 or 35 1.4

If you don't need the 75 mm focal length - and have another 1.4 - get
rid of it;
If you need a 75, but don't need a 1.4, sell it, buy the very nice
Cosina 75, and do something interesting with the money you'll recoup;
If you don't need a 75, but need a 1.4 and don't own another, consider
selling the 75 and replacing it with a used 35 Summilux ASPH, or with
some sort of 50 1.4 (I'm partial to the 50 1.5 Nokton, but I know there
are people who don't like it.

The point is that before you can decide whether to keep or get rid of
the lens, you need to know why you'd be keeping it.

B. D.

Replies: Reply from mattmorgan1 at mac.com (Matt Morgan) ([Leica] 75mm 1.4 - Any pics?)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] 75mm 1.4 - Any pics?)
Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard F. Man) ([Leica] 75mm 1.4 - Any pics?)