Subject: [Leica] Re: bags on planes, now going minimal
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Fri Oct 8 01:46:00 2004

GREG LORENZO wrote:
> Has the Lug ever had a one camera, one prime lens challenge?
>
> IIIG & 50mm
> M2 & 35
> M6 & 90

Always an interesting question for me.

it would be a toss up between a Rolleiflex TLR
or a Leica M6 with a fast 50mm, with a definite lean
toward the Leica, as I shoot a lot indoors (family and
friends kind of thing).

The fastest Leica M 50mm I have is the Summicron.
If limited to one lens, I would have liked it faster, perhaps.
I never had an M6 TTL but probably would like it better
than the M6.  I don't know.  And the updated viewfinder
sounds great.  But I don't like the knob rewind on the MP,
and don't care for auto-exposure (more to go wrong on
a Leica) so the M7 is out too.

- Phong

Replies: Reply from paul at paulhardycarter.com (Paul) ([Leica] Re: bags on planes, now going minimal)