Subject: [Leica] Extra photo bag on the plane
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Oct 7 18:56:01 2004

At 06:34 PM 10/7/2004, you wrote:
>What I do not know about is what I can expect with my M6, FE2, lenses,
>and film: i.e., should I bag the film separately, in a large baggie?

Take the film out of the canisters and put it in a ziplock bag.  Put a
lead-lined bag in your carry-on.  Request a hand inspection of the film.
They are required to do it on request in the US but nowhere else.  If they
refuse, put the film in the lead-lined bag and send it through the
machine.  Don't have any film in your camera which will go through the
machine.  Put extra batteries in your checked luggage. Don't ever take your
eyes off of your camera.  Have fun!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com