Subject: [Leica] Impressions of the LUG
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Wed Oct 6 20:02:24 2004

Alex Hurst wrote:
> Hi LUGgers
>
> I haven't subscribed to the LUG for a good year or three  -
> principally because:
>
> a) Most of the discussion didn't appear to have anything to do
> with Leicas.
>
> b) Flame wars (normally OT) were rampant.
>
> I subscribed again recently to find it (mostly) courteous and
> (mostly) on-topic.
>
> There also be a number of the 'usual suspects' knocking around from
> the previous era.
>
> Tell me guys, has this group really undergone a sea-change? If so, I
> might even stick around.

Hello Alex,

Welcome back !   You must be reading a different selection of
LUG posts than I.  Most discussions still don't have anything to do
with Leicas.  And off-topic flame wars are still rampant.  Same old, same
old.
Lately with the PAW (Picture a Week)  that was promoted by Kyle, and also
the Family of Man 2 (Alastair Firkin's 5 year project), there are
more photos around; and of course quite of of us now has
the capabilty of scanning our photos to post, so yes there are
some changes for the better.

You may already be aware, but just in case, let me tell you
that  a few long-time and distinguished members have passed
away this past year,  notably Steve LeHuray and Sal DiMarco.

Anyway, good to see your name on the screen again,

- Phong
who now can casually mention to his friends again
about his favourite florist in County Cork, Ireland.   :-)