Subject: [Leica] A Knight in Shining Armour is moved to defendtheMaidenofSolms
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Oct 5 19:38:32 2004

Bill O'Connell said:

> Interesting, all my memories of dreams are always in color.  I have a hard
> time 'seeing' in B&W and as a rule, it shows whenever I try shooting in
> B&W.<<<<,

Hi Bill.
Got the answer for you. ;-)

Buy a Digilux 2, set the camera for B&W and everything goes B&W, viewfinder,
screen on back and you record only B&W.

And it's wild when you're looking through the viuewfinder and "the world is
viewed in B&W! It makes a difference when you only see in B&W! Then you sem
to look at the scene as thouh you're looking at a black and white print and
see whether ot works or not before you trip the shutter.

Then when your eye leaves the viewfinder returning to looking at a colour
world it's very weird indeed. :-)

But no question, it sure beats shooting B&W film while looking through a
viewfinder and seeing a colour world, then waiting  until the mono film is
souped before you see your B&W results.

ted

Replies: Reply from woc2 at earthlink.net (Bill O'Connell) ([Leica] B&W mutterings)