Subject: [Leica] Re: New Zeiss Ikon
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Mon Oct 4 12:48:35 2004

But if you remember the M2 was originally sold as a stripped down
cheaper M3, quite a bit cheaper too, like S3 to SP Nikon. The auto
resetting counter was removed and a simpler less accurate cheaper to
make rangefinder was fitted (which people liked because a wider angle
of view went with the simplification).
Frank