Subject: [Leica] Epson RD 1 Using Raw Plug-in to compensate for Vignetting with wide angle lenses
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Fri Oct 1 23:15:12 2004

On Saturday, Oct 2, 2004, at 13:52 Asia/Hong_Kong,
lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:

> Message: 31
> Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 23:10:56 -0600
> From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Epson RD 1 - using Epson RAW plug-in to correct
>       for     vignetting with wide angle lens
> To: Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>
>
> Did you do any other adjustments? You seem to lose contrast with the
> plug-in. What lenses does the plug-in work with?
>
> Thanks for the comparison,
>
> John Collier

Hi John,
The plug-in works with 12, 15, 21, 25, 28, 35, 50, 75, and 90mm lenses.
The pictures were untouched for colour or contrast. Mild sharpening of
50% Radius 1, Threshold 10 was applied. I agree that applying the
vignetting correction lightens the whole photograph. This could be
corrected again in Photoshop but I didn't do this for these examples.
How's the weather in Edmonton? Snow yet??
Howard (who once lived in Saskatoon)

Replies: Reply from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] Epson RD 1 Using Raw Plug-in to compensate for Vignetting with wide angle lenses)