Subject: [Leica] Re: Yesterday's walk home
From: saganicc at MSKCC.ORG (Saganich, Christopher/Medical Physics)
Date: Fri Oct 1 14:17:37 2004

GB,

In the urban centers, in my experience, graffiti is both an art, and an
outlet for the voices never heard above the cacophony of advertisements
littering the place.  I'd rather have billboards of graffiti, then
cigarettes, alcohol, automobiles, and fast food any day.  As a kid, there
was nothing more real then watching a brightly graphitized subway car moving
through the burnt out Bronx wasteland on a dim fall day.  Only the most
gifted poet could hope to elucidate the significance of the very existence
of such a sight.

Chris Saganich