Subject: [Leica] Distagon 15/2.8
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Sep 28 06:44:20 2004

A couple questions, thoughts -
- Is there any information regarding price? Which is to wonder whether
these lenses will be price competitive with Leica, with Bessa/Cosina, or
will they be at a price point unto themselves. In other words, will this
15 2.8 be an $8K lens, or will it be affordable.
- Too bad there is nothing faster than f 2

- It's great to see closer minimal focusing distances for these
rangefinder focal lengths

- My guess, and I obviously stress guess as none of us really knows
anything here, is that this is a preemptive move to try to secure a
marketing space for a digital rangefinder. I may of course be totally
off base, but I don't think this is really about competing for the
minute share of film rangefinder market.

Any thoughts anyone?

B. D.