Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 39: Back to Iberia
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon Sep 27 15:43:00 2004

Last week I was back in Seville, but the main picture is from a few
weeks ago, it was just on the same roll of film. I was amused by all
these prohibitions at the entrance to the Saldanha shopping mall in
Lisbon--this is the kind of stuff you expect in Switzerland or Germany,
but not in Portugal:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_39.jpg

The rest of the images are honestly taken this week, and in Seville.
What I love most about Spain is not the food, or the climate, or the
language, but the people. So the next two images are of my
friends/co-workers. We usually go out for lunch to a tapas place and
order a bunch of "half-portions" (media raciones). Here is Miguel
studying the menu:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_39alt1.jpg
...and here are Miguel and Sonia devouring the fruits of that research.
It is customary to just have the plates spread around the table and pick
at them at will:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_39alt2.jpg

Another Seville image, two people run into each other on the street and
have a conversation:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_39alt3.jpg

Seville wants to be a modern city, and part of that is having a metro.
So for the next two years most of downtown is being dug up, providing a
bit of a spectacle for the locals. But the city really does need better
public transport.
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_39alt4.jpg

The metro construction has consequences, though. Apparently not
everything was planned correctly, since some of the surrounding
sidewalks and buildings are visibly affected, somewhat worryingly. This
building is right next to my office:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_39alt5.jpg

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexpaw2004.html
and comments/critique are always welcome and appreciated.

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands