Subject: [Leica] emt_whew!
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Mon Sep 27 15:42:51 2004

Wonderful image...one of the things that I, as the list's resident
Commie, find really moving about this image is the racial composition of
the image. What, I can't help wondering, would this photo have looked
like had it been shot in the same down as recently as, say, 1970? 1960?
That may seem like the ancient past, but it's very recent in historical
terms. This is one of those images that practically screams at the
viewer, things may be far from perfect in this country in terms of race,
but boy, have we come a long, long way!

Great shot, Sonny. Really.

B. D.