Subject: [Leica] What SHOULD the week at Photokina bring? :)
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Sun Sep 26 20:09:23 2004

> Didier Ludwig
> My M6 would be forever perfect with:
> - Easier film loading through open back

Didier,

Funny you should mention film-loading.
I might have agreed with you the first few months
of using the M,  but while not an accomplished M
user like Ted or some others who can load an M camera
while on a horse in full gallop, I now find the M easier
to load than a manual SLR with back loading.
For example, I find loading an M in the dark
much easier than loading a manual SLR for which
I have to insert the film leader into a slit.
I just haven't found M loading a problem at all.
Or perhaps I have lived with its quirks for too long.
(I remember my exasperation the first few months)

I might go for a removable hinged bottom for the
M though, I don;t know.

- Phong

Replies: Reply from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] What SHOULD the week at Photokina bring? Open back M loading)