Subject: [Leica] RE: Leica donation to students
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Sep 26 18:16:59 2004

All of the extremely competitive universities admissions are need blind.
When you read the catalogues they make it clear that they want talented
young adults to apply regardless of financial situation.

One of my friends is on the board at Harvard.  The whole institution
takes pride in the fact that they can give every student a full ride if
need be.  Adding to that, in a solicitation letter to my daughter, they
indicated that if the family income was 40K or less you did not have to
fill out any financial aid requests.  In other words, a complete full
ride is provided to the truly needy.

Maybe I could forge a few tax forms...

Many of the other elite universities do similar things.  The elite
schools really are trying to bring the best and brightest to their
campuses.  Unfortunately, many outstanding young adults doubt the words
and do not bother to try to get in.  As a country and a world we will be
the poorer for not putting the finest young adults in the finest
educational institutions.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com