Subject: Re. [Leica] Conformity in Athens NOW BEING A SHOOTER!
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Sat Sep 25 19:26:10 2004

Of the hundred or so regular pros covering the Motor
Racing World Championship  I can only think of two who
still use Nikon, the rest changed to Canon years ago.
When I started in 1976 it was all Nikon. Olympus has
figured and is making a small comeback following their
sponsorship of Ferrari, but the E cameras are only
seen on a couple of Olympus supported pros. The last R
user stopped covering motor racing almost 10 seasons
ago.
I can't speak about the non sport pros but for Sports
Nikon was too late bringing out competing products to
Canon and by then even 99% of the Nikon faithfull had
changed over.
cheers
Frank