Subject: [Leica] Re: Digital photography
From: dnygr at cshore.com (Douglas Nygren)
Date: Sat Sep 25 13:52:26 2004

Whether digital or film photography is better depends on how you define
better.

Poorly printed photos from film are not a loss, just as poorly printed
digital photos are not a gain.

 From my experience, most one-hour labs print dreadful photos. Likewise,
the prints my friends produce from their digital machines are equally
as bad.

As for myself, I struggle to print decent black and white photos in the
wet darkroom. One presentable photo is worth more to me than 20
mediocre prints.   I value excellent prints whether they are from film
or digital chips. Enough said.

Doug Nygren

Replies: Reply from leica_korenman at hotmail.com (eric) ([Leica] where do I get little leather tabs?)