Subject: [Leica] zone system
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat Sep 25 00:26:44 2004

Bob,

Sure, there are many possibilities, but that is also the case with
conventional images. You can develop the film in different ways, you can
print the negatives on different papers etc. The beauty of RAW is that
you can "undo" these decisions if they do not work out. Personally, I
keep the manipulation to a minimum--when converting from RAW I just make
sure that the histogram is not clipped at either end, and then I do the
same modest unsharp masking and levels adjustments that I also do with
scanned film.

Nathan