Subject: Digital M/Digital Rebel was Re: [Leica] Lost Faith in Leica
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Fri Sep 24 10:36:57 2004

Jonathan Borden <jonathan@openhealth.org> wrote:

> .. Indeed it occurs to me that with a relatively low resolution sensor
> -- perhaps either 35mm film, or moderately low pixel count digital
> people may need to obsess more over the quality of the lens, and
> with a high resolution sensor e.g. 8x10 film or 22 mp etc., the quality
> of the lens becomes less important?

I would think that the surface area of the capture medium, and consequent
degree of enlargement for same-size prints, will play more of a role in the
how important lens quality is (meaning in this case only resolution) than
the pixel count.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com