Subject: [Leica] An Aside Regarding Google
From: buzz.hausner at verizon.net (Buzz Hausner)
Date: Thu Sep 23 15:14:28 2004

If my sometimes faulty memory serves me this evening, I recall that
"Google" is actually a corruption of the fanciful number, a "Googol,"
representing ten to the one hundredth power.  I do believe that the word
was coined by a nine-year-old, but that could be apocryphal.  I am not a
mathematician; perhaps Brian Reid or one of the more numerate among us
might be able to inform us fully.

        Buzz Hausner

Replies: Reply from leicagalpal at earthlink.net (Kit McChesney) ([Leica] An Aside Regarding Google)