Subject: [Leica] Leica Thread Mount Camera Poll
From: dpost at triad.rr.com (Dan Post)
Date: Thu Sep 23 06:25:53 2004

I still have my IIIf RD with an Elmar 50/3,5; a 50 Summarit;  a Sumaron
35; Hektor 135, and Elmar 90 (ca 1932- beautiful bokeh!) that I use
exclusively for B&W. I keep color in the M7, but the IIIf  just seems
suited for B&W, the way it was meant to be, so to speak!
I also have a Visoflex III, but strangely- I use it more on the M7, in
AUTO mode!  :o)

I also agree with Ken Frazier- there is something about the IIIf's feel.
It has a heft, but is not too bulky, it has a shape that fits the grip
naturally, in my hand at least, and from an aesthetic point of view , I
have always thought it one of the prettiest 35mm cameras made!

It also has a stealthiness about it! I shoot pretty much un-noticed (a
real trick for a 350lb bald headed old guy!). In the past few years, I
have had only a couple of comments made about it- usually from even
older guys than me who said they used to have a camera like that- and
that they hated they got rid of it! One fellow did actually ask me if it
was a Contax, though!

When film is no longer available, It will still look nice in a glass
case as a wonderful piece of art!

Dan