Subject: [Leica] Leica Thread Mount Camera Poll
From: MEB at GoodPhotos.com (Michael E. Berube)
Date: Wed Sep 22 20:44:16 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 18:15:12 -0700 (PDT), GREG LORENZO quoth unto the
boundless
Ether...
>>Who still uses their LTM camera?
>>
>>And which camera or cameras, lens or lenses do you like to use?

My 1949 IIIc and 1980/81 M4P are the only film cameras that I have left.
Well I
have my first camera a Kodak Rettinette but the shutter is too sticky to
actually use it. I can't part with it because it was a gift from my uncle
and
it got me started in photography, but I can't really justify spending the
$200
that it will probably take to fix the shutter. SO, I break my usual rule of
only owning cameras that I can actually shoot with.

I currently use a D2h and D70's for a living. LUGging the IIIc with a
compact
5cm f/3.5 Elmar loaded with new Portra 800 or NPZ is a joy once in a while
after a long day of luging a Domke full of the much heavier DSLRs, a few
SB800s
and all those zooms about.

I usually have the 35/2.5 Skopar on the M4P, and the 50 Elmar on the IIIc,
but
I also carry a 9cm f/4 Elmar and a 50mm f/1.5 Summarit. I use a DigiSIX
meter
once in a while. I have a third party rube goldberg type synchronizer for
the
IIIc that allows me to use a tiny Olympus S20 flash at 1/20 or slower
(rarely
use it, but it is funky) and the M4P has a hotshoe for the S20 of course. I
use
a Helios finder if I use the 35 or 90 on the IIIc. I find the Helios much
more
compact than an Imarect (sp?) or the like and it works well. This entire LTM
kit, a few rolls of film, my cell and my pda and keys all fit into a bag
that I
got at EMS which is even smaller than a Domke F5!  It is quite a difference
from the F1-X little bit bigger bag which I carry for work.

Of course, I have been thinking of a 21/4 from Stephen, but I am so in love
with the 35 on the M4P that I'm not sure that I'd use it much so I'll
probably
buy some groceries instead!
Winter is coming to Maine in a week or two. :)

Carpe Luminem,
Michael Eric Berube
GoodPhotos.com