Subject: [Leica] Kirk Enterprises (was: selling used camera gear from Canada to USA)
From: timatherton at theedge.ca (Tim Atherton)
Date: Wed Sep 22 08:48:02 2004

Once more I just came up against the shipping US to Canada problem and a
business that isn't interested in accommodating their customers
requirements.

I wanted a collar to slip into my Arca Ball Head when it has the 8x10 on it
to prevent "slippage" while it's being carried.

I found Kirk Enterprises makes the one I had seen in the past. Just the
thing - $24.95. Well,  a week after placing the order they got back to me -
shipping via Fedex would be $23.40 - this is for what must be a bout a 2oz
piece of plastic. (on top of which, based on past experience, Fedex will
charge upwards of $20.00 to collect $2.25 in tax).

When contacted, they aren't interested in shipping via USPS Air Mail

So, anyone else know who makes such a gizmo - or who retails the Kirk one
(otherwise, I'm happy to do without...)

tim

Replies: Reply from dpost at triad.rr.com (Dan Post) ([Leica] Kirk Enterprises)
Reply from leicagalpal at earthlink.net (Kit McChesney) ([Leica] Kirk Enterprises (was: selling used camera gear from Canadato USA))