Subject: [Leica] new 1ds mark II
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue Sep 21 18:13:06 2004

But this isn't out of line for scanned film at all! In fact a full
frame scan of 35mm in 16-bit color is going to be on the neighborhood
of 120MB/image. But where are you getting a full-frame image of 50MB?
The RAW file for the camera is going to match the pixel-count or
roughly 17 MB/image. They'll expland a lot after you process them in
your RAW converter and move them into 16-bit space for real work.

I think it's not as bad as your back-of-the-envelop computations suggest.

Adam

Replies: Reply from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] new 1ds mark II)
Message from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] new 1ds mark II)