Subject: [Leica] new 1ds mark II
From: feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Tue Sep 21 11:07:53 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 10:50, B. D. Colen wrote:
> Well, Feli, think about this for a minute - For 8K you get a 16.7 mp
> FULL frame, 4 fps, autofocus, full featured camera that can use the vast
> array of Canon AF lenses and all accessories; and for , what, 6K you get
> an R9 with an add-on digital back that is NOT full frame, has a, what,
> 10-11? Mgp sensor, is manual focus only - and you are in all seriousness
> saying that the Canon is expensive? Get a grip, man! If the Leica price
> is reasonable, then you have to say that Canon is GIVING that beast
> away! :-)

Expensive for little old me, mon a mi.
8-)

$8000 bucks for the body, plus $2000 for the 24-70/2.8 L and 1.4/50.
Then you'll need a pile of CF cards, so figure another $1500, plus
$1000 for disk space to get the ball rolling. That's a lot of cash.

Now, if it was $4500 and I made a living as a photographer and had
to shoot digital I would be tempted.

To me the Digital-R back really only makes sense if you have a lot of money
invested in R glass/bodies and I only own the humble 2/50 Summicron for my
R6.2 and SL.
;-)

Feli

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] new 1ds mark II)