Subject: [Leica] A new album
From: banacloj at mac.com (Juan Gea-Banacloche)
Date: Mon Sep 20 22:14:58 2004

Today I am posting a few pictures taken during Labor Day weekend in
Rehoboth Beach (DE), using FP4 and Technical Pan:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album51

I did not like any of my pictures of people, so this is a collection of
sand, skies, birds, plants, a couple of windows and a fire hydrant. The
camera was a double-stroke M3, the lenses the Tele-Elmar (most of
them), the Elmarit-M 90mm (#5, #12 and #13) and the DR Summicron (#14
and #15).

Most interesting for me was the use of Technical Pan. The comments on
the list had intrigued me, as well as a recent article in Photo
Techniques. It's impossible to notice at 72 dpi, but the amount of
detail is really amazing (can you see the dolphins on #15?). And the
dark skies without a filter are something else. It is  a shame Kodak is
not making it any more.

Comments are welcome. Thanks for looking

Juan