Subject: Digital M/Digital Rebel was Re: [Leica] Lost Faith in Leica
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Sep 20 17:52:11 2004

Feli di Giorgio offered:

 > Yeah, cost is the problem. I would settle for clean 10-12MP full frame M.
> Doesn't have to be 14 or 16MP like the Kodak or new Canon.
> Two years from now the manufacturing cost should be even lower but I think
> the days of running around Ted Grant style with 5 bodies around your neck
> are over unless you use $100 bills to light your cigars.<<<<<<

Gee doesn't everyone do that? :-) I mean run around with 5 bodies?  $100
bills? Heck that's a waste burning them, we use them as drink coasters for
our single malt scotch. :-)  (A really really big smiley here.) :-)

I did, on one occasion shoot an assignment with a body and one lens and I
was as surprised as all git out it was possible. :-) I did however feel
naked and damn near fell off a building trying for a wider angle when I
stepped back.

It's OK Feli I'm completely changing my style to a new modern mode, going
slower and lighter with my Digilux 2 complete with it's fully attached Leica
28mm - 90mm f 2.0 zoom lens. ;-) Besides using the 28-90 zoom it eliminates
3 cameras right there. ;-)

This major discussion on a digital M with all the ramifications has been and
is interesting simply because we might as well be discussing happenings on
the dark side of Mars for all we truly know. I figure if we put the time
taken to type all this stuff, we collectively could've shot a photographic
encyclopaedia on wild boars in Borneo. :-)

But, maybe? In a month we might, just might be surprised. ;-) Only the
Shadow knows. ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from leicagalpal at earthlink.net (Kit McChesney) (Digital M/Digital Rebel was Re: [Leica] Lost Faith in Leica)
Message from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) (Digital M/Digital Rebel was Re: [Leica] Lost Faith in Leica)