Subject: Digital M/Digital Rebel was Re: [Leica] Lost Faith in Leica
From: feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Mon Sep 20 10:55:18 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 10:44, B. D. Colen wrote:
> True. Look, the ideal, particularly for those of us for whom 35 mm and
> photography are synonymous, is a 35mm format digital, be it SLR or
> rangefinder. I would love a Leica M or Leica M clone that would allow me
> to use my M lenses at their God-given focal lengths. BUT - I'm not
> prepared to sell my house to be able to do it...so then come the various
> questions and possibilities related to compromises...

Yeah, cost is the problem. I would settle for clean 10-12MP full frame M.
Doesn't have to be 14 or 16MP like the Kodak or new Canon.
Two years from now the manufacturing cost should be even lower but I think
the days of running around Ted Grant style with 5 bodies around your neck
are over unless you use $100 bills to light your cigars.
8-)

Feli

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) (Digital M/Digital Rebel was Re: [Leica] Lost Faith in Leica)