Subject: [Leica] Epson RD-1
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Mon Sep 20 14:58:53 2004

Where?  Not here in Iowa.  Heck, I'm still trying to find a Panasonic
dealer that sells the Digilux 2 clone.

Gene

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           Tim Atherton <timatherton@theedge.ca>        |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leic|
|         |           a-users.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           09/20/2004 03:55 PM                          |
|         |           Please respond to Leica Users Group          |
|         |                                                        |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>
              |
  |       cc:
              |
  |       Subject:  RE: [Leica] Epson RD-1
              |

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

> So my question of the morning is, does anyone on the LUG own an Epson
> RD-1 yet? I have one client who has bought one from a dealer in Hong
> Kong, and he's enjoying the camera immensely (the only camera he took on
> a recent trip, and he's got other M-cameras),

Hey hey hey - hold on - wait a minute - when I went travelling a few weeks
ago all the LUG knowitalls swore blind and double dutch that the Epson RD-1
was pure vapourware and would never see the light of day - or at the very
most had been announced much too early in it's very earliest R&D and might
even be as slow coming to market as the "real" digital M - on top of which
Epson and Cosina probably didn't really have the nous to actually produce
such a camera...

And you are telling me you can actually buy the thing now?

tim