Subject: [Leica] OT: Nikon F6
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Mon Sep 20 06:40:21 2004

Nikon announced a considerable time ago that because
the inherent quality of digital sensors per area was
superior to film that they would not be using sensors
as big as 24x36 for digital replacement of 35mm film.
This seemed very logical to me because of the
exponential increase in cost of larger chip areas, it
is probably cheaper to buy a extra smaller coverage WA
lenses than make a bigger sensor.
Frank