Subject: Fish (WAS: [Leica] Lost Faith in Leica) (Nathan Wajsman)
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Sun Sep 19 05:45:34 2004

>I think we've covered the fish part of the food scale now.
>
>But how do you like your meat? And what kind of meat?
>
>Better even, how would you photograph meat, and since we're at it, food in
>general? Is it something a Leica is suited for, or is it just better to
>shoot it in middle or large format?

I've been turned off beef in Japan. First it's extraordinarily
expensive ($10 for a very small steak that I'll cook in my own
kitchen!)  because US imports were shut down because of mad cow. And
then they keep on discovering cows with mad cow here. Not reassuring.

The Leica M is perfectly illsuited to food photography. :-(
parallax error, 0.7m as the closest distance for the 50mm,  1.0 for
the 90mm.....

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura