Subject: [Leica] Lost Faith in Leica
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri Sep 17 23:00:21 2004

I think that the digital R back is absolutely the right thing to do for
Leica. The only reason I decided not to wait for it is that I expect the
price to be out of my range, and the Canon DSLR is quite happy with the
Leica 100mm Apo Macro on it.

The real egg in Leica's face is the digital M. For the last 3-4 years
they have been explaining how it is impossible because of this and that,
then the Cosina/Epson thing gets announced, and suddenly a digital M is
possible--at the 2006 Photokina, presumably.

I continue to be firmly convinced that Leica's corporate future lies in
concentrating on lens design and possibly lens manufacture, either as an
  independent supplier to others a la Tokina or Tamron, or as part of
one of the big companies like Nikon or Canon.

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands